Monday, June 30, 2008

Pictures from the Pitti Palace and Boboli Gardens

These are pictures from my second day in Florence, Tuesday 6/24/08.


This is the back of the Pitti Palace, taken from the Boboli Gardens. You can see a small part of the hills you have to walk up to get to and around the gardens. I have no idea why I didn't take a picture of the front of the palace.

This is nothing but a picture of a monkey scratching its butt. It really doesn't take much to amuse me.

Some of the famous Tuscan hillsides taken from Boboli.


More of Tuscany.


More of Tuscany and part of the old town wall.


Still more. Apparently for this shot I moved half of one degree to the left from the last shot. I didn't want you to miss a thing.


One of the many trails through the gardens with the old wall guardtower behind.


From the top of a neat little water feature. I love running water. Not the sink variety mind you, but the stream/waterfall/aqueduct variety.


From the bottom of same. From here the water went under ground for the path to cross it and re-emerged on the other side to continue its downhill trek. I want one.


A little island in the middle of a pond. We enjoyed some pigeon-watching from a bench.


The amphitheater, or half of it, located immediately behind the palace. Complete with obelisk. I'm having a difficult time taking pictures that aren't crooked.


I couldn't resist taking a picture of this handsome fellow. This is the classic pose called "naked man riding turtle." I love the way he's sticking his hand out. I'm imagining him riding through the streets just waving and saying, "Hey. What's happenin'? Yeah, I'm just out riding my turtle."

No comments: