Monday, November 17, 2008

Anniversary

On October 26th we celebrated our 6th anniversary. Sarah was pretty busy with school work but she managed to pencil me in for a dinner. We had an idea of where we wanted to go but they were closed. So we ended up wandering around, figuring that we would see something good eventually.


We walked across the river because we had a few ideas of good places. We decided to go up to the Piazza Michelangelo first, both because I thought there was a restaurant up there and because it was something fun to do. The view is amazing from up there. But the world seems to have been a little crooked. For some reason I still have a hard time taking perfectly level pictures.


You can see the lights along the Arno, the tower above the Palazzo Vecchio, and the Duomo.


You can't really see the old city wall winding its way up and down the hills. And some authentic Florentine trash receptacles.


We finally ordered the Steak Florentine. Many restaurants offer it, always by the gram or kilogram or whatever. So you never really know how much it's going to be. It was a lot. But it was really good and the side dishes were delicious. The company was alright. You can kind of see how bloody the steak is in the picture. Oddly enough I came down with my stomach virus shortly after our anniversary.


Here we are posing like we're going to a school dance. You can buy prints if you want.


That's me being cool, talking on my cell phone with my laundry hanging in the background. You can buy prints if you want.








This is me wearing Sarah's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle mask. You are correct. Donatello did wear the red mask. I don't remember when this was, but I figured that the world needed to see it. You can buy prints if you want.
Happy Anniversary Sarah!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Buon anniversario! Sono in ritardo ma sincero nonostante.

Ciao Chris ~ Mary (Peggy) Egeland from the CV library sends greetings your way. We received your postcard at the library yesterday. Sounds like you're keeping busy, but not learning Italian ~ ma perchè?

laregina55@yahoo.com