Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Half of our home

So I have about 600 pictures on my camera from our trip to the Veneto. I know that I really need to catch up with my postings and find a way to put the best pictures on this site, but I don't feel like it right now. Instead I will post some pictures of our place. I think that I took them the day after I got here. Sarah did a similar thing on flickr, but I wanted to do it too. I only took pictures of the kitchen/our bedroom half of the apartment. I guess I'll do the living room/Kellin's room half later. Basically I'm wasting time. I didn't record out trip in my little black book so I can't really remember what we did and in what order we did them. So I'll probably do more of a picture posting than a step by step narrative. Sarah's much better at that anyway.

This noble but terrifying animal is known to us as Little Cat. Here she is showing off her stunning features.

She is really cute. She stops in and visits us whenever she feels like it then vanishes like a fart in the wind.

Kellin really loves her because she loves to jump in Kellin's skylight window (one of her three rooftop access points) right on to her bed at any time she likes, morning, day, or night. She's hilarious. She hides under the couch and then springs out and attacks the legs of unknowing passersby.

Here is the entry to the kitchen from the living room.

Here's Sarah in the left side of the kitchen...

and here's the right side. You can see the hallway down to the bathroom on the right which also curves down to our room.

This is our tiny terrace, accessible from the kitchen, and the view to the east. I barely fit on it.

This is the view of the north from the terrace which is not actually a terrace. You can kind of see two of the five bell towers that are visible from the terrace. We can hear the bells from all of them (and probably more) quite nicely.

This is the five or so story drop from the terrace. It's kind of hard to get a feel for how far it is from a picture.

These are the steps down from the bathroom.

And farther down the steps...

and our room at the bottom. Of course I took the picture when the room was a little messy and we had the pillows at the foot of the bed so that we could watch a moviw on Sarah's computer.

A view back the other way, and our window that looks out at the same drop.

This is out our west window. We always have to be wary of changing clothes since a couple of neighbors can see us.

There you have it. Now you know where we live. Oh yeah, here's a picture of Sarah about to enter our front door. Everything's closed in the picture but there are usually a lot of shops open and people walking around. Quite a festive street.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Awww!!! I get to see your life now! I didn't know that you had a blog! I can't believe we didn't talk about this before you left. Thanks for letting me know about it on facebook. This will be so easy to stay in touch.I have a blog too!! This will be way easier than leaving long messages on facebook.
Lovinitlibrarian.blogspot.com. READ IT! lol. you're in it from before you left!

also, joyce told me that she received her diploma in the mail maybe about a week ago now (i forgot to tell you) and she just wanted to make sure that you knew she received it. she didn't know how you were getting it or where it was sent to. i told her i wasn't sure but that i would relay the message to you. and peggy is now in italia. look her up. you know you want to.

oh yeah, and more...sorry this is becoming a freakin email....some of the workers are looking into a labor union for the library so that we can ensure our jobs. what do you think about it? i'm now beginning my search for new jobs. think that's best? okay that's enough catch up for today. miss ya!
eat some gelato for me!