Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Sunday 6/29/08

Today was a pretty lazy day. I actually slept pretty well but I was uncomfortable all day due to the sunburn. We sat around reading for quite a while. Eventually Sarah, Kellin, and I headed out to throw trash away and finf the appropriately labeled recycling bins that seem to be randomly scattered around the city (we never found the yellow cardboard bin), wondered through some street markets, and Sarah and I went to the grocery while Kellin went in search of the Internet.
The market was more like a flea market, but there was some really cool junk. Sarah and Kellin looked at a lot of jewelry, art, and girl crap. I found a lot of really interesting things, but most were too expensive. I was tempted to buy some old coins but I decided that it would be best to avoid coin collecting while I'm here. Since I didn't even know what most of the old coins were, I realized that I could have spent 2 euros on a coin that was worth about 1/1000th of a cent. There were some other cool things like old watches and other things that would look really neat on a knickknack shelf, but the prize of the market was something that I was suprised to see.
One of the vendors that had a lot of old sports equipment had a football (soccer ball) from probably before the fifties and it had Arsenal's name and cannon logo on it. It was so cool. It was an old brown leather ball (like the one above) that used to be used before there was better technology used for making footballs. I wanted it so badly but it was about 150 euros. A little out of my price range.
After the grocery, Sarah and I went home and watched To Catch a Thief, one of my all-time favorite movies. Then Sarah made some incredible pizza. Seriously, I know that it's not what she wants to do and it would make all of this education a waste, but she should open a restaurant back in the states. Finally we watched Spain beat Germany 1-0 in a kind of boring UEFA European Championship final. Germany did not play like their usual selves and Spain probably deserved to win. They were the much more creative and aggressive team. If anyone cares.

1 comment:

Bacon Ninja said...

Sunburn is Jesus' way of saying he doesn't like you. It's science.